In order to maintain the durability and longevity of your hair extensions, please follow the ‘how to maintain hair extensions’ guidelines below in order to:
- Transform your hair and Look fabulous
- Blend with the latest trends
- Easy to attach and remove
- Ideal for parties, night outs, special occasions
The hair extensions should be washed after being worn 3 to 4 times by following the guidelines below:
- Before shampooing, gently remove any tangles.
- Always use a mild shampoo for Virgin hair extensions or a shampoo that is specially formulated for chemically treated hair if you are washing Remy hair extensions.
- Run the hair under warm water and then gently work a small amount of shampoo into the hair, remembering to stroke downwards from the weft base to the hair ends. This ensures that there is minimal to no shedding of hair from the machine weft.
- Do not twist, scrub or rub the hair at any stage as this can cause the hair from the machine weft to become loose and result in shedding of hair from the weft.
- Once the hair extensions are clean, rinse thoroughly under warm running water. Ensure that you rinse until all the shampoo is removed. This is important as not rinsing thoroughly could result in damage to the hair extensions.
Once the hair extensions have been washed, it is important to condition the hair extensions by following the guidelines below:
- Place a small quantity of conditioner in your hand and gently work into the hair extensions and leave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse the hair extensions thoroughly in warm water.
- Towel blot gently to remove any excess water.
- While the hair is still wet, remove any tangles by combing gently using a large toothed comb.
- Do not use a bristle brush on the wet hair as the brush may pull or break the hair from the machine weft and result in shedding of hair.
- Hang the hair extensions to dry naturally, set in rollers or use a blow dryer as required until the extensions are ready for use once more.
Please note that Hairstyle Extensions are for occasional use only and the ‘how to maintain hair extensions’ is for guidance only and the durability of Hairstyle Extensions is dependent on a number of factors including the frequency of usage and washing.